It’s about that time to swap out the swimsuits for book bags! You might have even already started the back-to-school shopping adventure. Well, a dental exam at your local family dentistry should be at the very top of your back-to-school checklist.
Toothaches can seriously distract kids in class and during their school activities. To prevent these problems at school, a summer checkup can ensure your child’s teeth are cavity free and healthy.
Our pediatric dentists at Little Heroes Dentistry know just how busy schedules can get for working parents and their little heroes. Now is the perfect time to make an appointment for a back-to-school dental check-up. Get ahead of the game!
Sweet snacks enjoyed all summer may require a cleaning to fight off the sugar bugs that can really harm your child’s teeth. It’s our mission at Little Heroes to monitor the condition of your child’s teeth as they grow up.
During your back-to-school dental exam, your dentist will:
- First, we will review your little heroes dental and medical record.
- Then, we can examine the patient’s teeth, jaws, and check for any oral health issues.
- We will clean and polish your little heroes teeth. You’re almost ready to go!
- Lastly, we will finish up by applying a fluoride solution.
Even though your little hero will be very busy during the school year with academics and extracurricular activities, it is important that they maintain proper care of their teeth with a daily oral hygiene routine that includes brushing their teeth twice a day and flossing once.
By implementing this oral hygiene routine, your visits to the dentist will be a breeze. Your little hero will have a squeaky clean smile for picture day and yearlong confidence.
A Few Dental Tips to Maintain A Clean and Healthy Smile:
- Little Heroes should brush their teeth twice a day with a pea-sized amount of fluoride toothpaste.
- Remember to floss once a day to eliminate food particles that get trapped between your teeth.
- Avoid sticky candies and starchy foods that can cause build-up of bacteria.
- Drink plenty of water and avoid sugary drinks like soda pop.
Eliminate the chance for toothaches and cavities during the school year by seeing your family dentist at Little Heroes Pediatric Dentistry today.
We know that the back-to-school season demands a lot from parents and students with hectic schedules, so you should get your checkup before the madness begins! Proper dental health can make a huge difference in your child’s overall well being.
If you still haven’t checked off “visit to the dentist” off your back-to-school checklist, contact us today to schedule an appointment at one of our family dental offices near you.